Re: Perl File Printing

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2001
      --- In perl-beginner@y..., "James M. Kralec" <mkralec@s...> wrote:
      > I've noticed that perl prints to a file in 4k blocks (at least on my
      > machine), Is there a way to change this?
      > Mike

      In my humble opinion (based on experience):

      The basic file block size is a function of the size, format and
      partitioning of your hard disc.

      The bigger the disc (or partition) the bigger the block size.

      The only way to reduce it is to create more and smaller partitions,
      but this usually involves re-formatting the drive.

      Live with it.

      Greg Smith
      www.bmw-club.org.uk
      www.uksites4all.co.uk