Re: Good Perl books?

  • Jason Sperry
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2000
      While I find the Oreilly books to be a great reference.  I personally feel that they can be a little congested at times, Especially when trying to learn from them.  I have found that The Perl Black Book from Coriolis Press to be an excellent book to learn from.  It has been what I have been using to learn Perl for the past month and it has been great.  It goes into enough detail for the beginner to pick up perl quickly but at the same time it is an excellent reference with its outstanding index and the way each task is broken up (It was designed to be a comprehensive perl reference book).  I do however suggest that the reader have some understanding of general programming concepts as this book does not do any hand-holding for the absolute beginner.  Good Luck.

      Jason Sperry