I know this 2...

  • "Alberto.·.Vallini"
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31 9:00 PM
      The problem is that I am resorting to this list since I still did that, but it
      cannot install.
      While installing the Active Perl Build 613, when almost finished and at the
      stage "relocating Perl" it comes up with a modal alert saying:
      qq]
      internal error 2744. PL_IISMAP, C:\perl\bin\, "C:\perl\bin\wperl.exe"
      "C:\perl\bin\IIScriptMap.pl" 1 "" .pl "C:\perl\bin\perl.exe %s %s" 4
      "GET,HEAD,POST"
      ]

      and rolls back the installation.
      So I am here, willing to start debugging and learning perl, i've been stuck
      here for 3 months almost by now, without a dos, without a GUI program, without
      an installable activePerl and without a perl.exe that could be used to debug.
      What must I do! I wanna learn PERL, I wanna lear it in the old-fashioned
      honourable way by trials and errors as I did with JavaScript and with just a
      few emails when problems get too hard, but how can I do without a program to
      run my script and debug?
      In other words, seems that the perl activestate installer has some bug or
      similar, at least on my win2000 italy platform.
      Solutions? WShy I cannot learn perl... grrrrr!!!

      >Windows2000 is based on NT. NT does not come with DOS. It comes with a type
      >of emulator. If you go to your Start menu and type "command", you'll get
      >your pseudo-dos shell. If you type "ver", you'll see that it is not DOS.
      >
      >Try downloading the Windows NT binary of Active Perl from their site.
      >http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/Download.html

      "when everything else fails, sleep"
      Alberto.·.Vallini - vallini@...
    • Carlos Sánchez
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2000
        I suppose this is a stupid question, but I can manage text file reading:

        I have a file like this:

        File=myzip.zip
        Size=189289
        Desc=This is a very important zip file

        And I want to read it line by line, and I cannot do this with the "read"
        function (at least directly). Is there any function or way to read this text
        files line by line?
      • Andy Dougherty
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2000
          On Wed, 31 May 2000, [iso-8859-1] "Alberto.·.Vallini" wrote:

          > The problem is that I am resorting to this list since I still did that, but it
          > cannot install.
          > While installing the Active Perl Build 613, when almost finished and at the
          > stage "relocating Perl" it comes up with a modal alert saying:
          > qq]
          > internal error 2744. PL_IISMAP, C:\perl\bin\, "C:\perl\bin\wperl.exe"
          > "C:\perl\bin\IIScriptMap.pl" 1 "" .pl "C:\perl\bin\perl.exe %s %s" 4
          > "GET,HEAD,POST"
          > ]

          I think you need to get back to Activestate about this. Others on the
          list have apparently installed ActivePerl without trouble.

          --
          Andy Dougherty doughera@...
          Dept. of Physics
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 22, 2000
            Hi!

            > I have a file like this:
            >
            > File=myzip.zip
            > Size=189289
            > Desc=This is a very important zip file
            >

            > And I want to read it line by line, and I cannot do this with
            the "read"
            > function (at least directly). Is there any function or way to read
            this text
            > files line by line?

            you can open this file. then have a loop

            while (defined($line = <FILE_DESC>))

            thats it!

            cheers
            Amit