re: Help with a simple question.

  • Jeff Boes
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2000
      > I just joined this group and I have a question that
      > maybe is a simple one. I'm a newbie.
      > I would appreciate if any one can tell me how to format
      > the result of an arithmetic operation to be printed as
      > x,xxx.xx (for prices).

      Don't re-invent the wheel. Just learn to skim CPAN:

      http://search.cpan.org/doc/WRW/Number-Format-1.42/Format.pm

      ----
      "To paraphrase Mark Twain, the difference between the right program and
      almost the right program is like the difference between lightning and a
      lightning bug. The difference is just a bug."
      --Danny Hillis, "The Pattern on the Stone" (1998)
      Jeff Boes <>< jboes@...
      Mur Consulting http://murconsulting.hypermart.net/