Help running my Perl

  • Pete Hawkes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2000
      Hi,

      I am a TOTAL beginner here, I am using Windows 98 and just got the
      book 'SAMS Teach Yourself Perl in 24 Hours'.
      I installed Perl but it says in Dos Prompt type in C:\PROGRAMS>perl
      hello to run the Hello World Program, however when in Dos Prompt all
      I get is C:\WINDOWS> how do I change that to C:\PROGRAMS ????
      When I save my Hello World program it does come up in a blacl dos
      Perl box and actually shows Hello World, so that is correct but it
      only appears fopr about 1 second.
      Please help me!! Thanks so much

      Pete Hawkes