Cookies again - Update...

  • Gordon Stewart
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2001
      hi there - im off to bed now...

      http://n-zealand.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/test/banner.list

      http://n-zealand.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/test/banner3.txt

      http://n-zealand.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/test/banner3.pl

      --------

      Ive 'temporarily' fixed my problem,

      (for Hien Vu on the perl list), it creates several
      'buckets', depending on how long since the ad was
      displayed, & creates the random number - & displays
      the ad.

      Ive commented my script - Look for the part of my
      script marked "problem area 1 - The calculation"

      When you run the script (several times - (so it sets
      the cookies), when you see a section marked

      1 ' mab' = '991588917' - '272'
      1 ' mac' = '991589181' - '8'
      1 ' Visits' = '1' - '991589188'
      1 ' aad' = '991589164' - '25'
      1 'maa' = '991588814' - '375'

      The middle number is the 'time' value recorded.
      The last number on each line is the number of seconds
      since each ad was displayed.

      You'll notice that the 'maa' cookie is WITHOUT a space
      before the cookie - So when I look for 'maa' - It
      doesnt show up.

      The cookie is set in the 'head' section, & the ' $got
      variable is the cookie name, (maa, aab, mab etc..)

      I have it set to remove all spaces etc.. - but 'maa'
      is the ONLY cookie stored without a space before it.

      Ive created a temporary fix

      if ($list{maa}>500){
      $got = 'maa';
      }

      Even if the 'random number' is less than the value of
      cookie{maa} - it SHOULD select the 'maa' ad to show -
      but it doesnt.

      anyone have any ideas on why my 'maa' cookie is set
      without a space in it ?

      Hien Vu :- does it do what you said / suggested ?

      Gordon.

      =====
      Gordon
      gordon-me@yahoogroups.com (h&w)