Re: [PBML] Echo results

  • Charles K. Clarkson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2001
      Jeremiah Megie <jmegie81@...> asked:

      : I wrote this to check to see if the mailserver was
      : running, and then to display the results on a
      : webpage. It was working, but it wouldn't echo the
      : results. It always said it was "stopped". I tried
      : to fix it, but now I get this error:
      :
      : Prototype not terminated at./mailstatus.cgi line 7.
      :
      : Any suggestions on that, and the echo results?
      :
      : Thanks,
      :
      : Jeremiah
      :
      :
      : #!/usr/bin/perl
      :
      : use Net::Telnet;
      :
      : $checkmail="ps -ax | grep sendmail";
      :
      : sub check_mail (

      You're starting a sub with an open parenthesis
      '(' instead of an open brace '{'.

      [snip]

      HTH,
      Charles K. Clarkson

      :)
      My forehead has a hand-shaped imprint on it.