problems with ActivePerl, OLE and Win2K

  • bmartin@electrosolutions.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2001
      I have a script that works fine on a win95 machine reading records
      from an excel file using OLE and inserting/updating a MSSQL7 database.

      On windows95 it flys along processing about 50 records a second, but
      when I run the script on a windows2000 machine that has the excact
      same hardware running, it takes about 10 seconds to process a single
      record.

      I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me an idea as to what is
      causing the script to run so slow (an what I can do to speed it up.)

      Thanks
      Ben