problems with activeperl, OLE automation and Win2k

  • Ben Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2001
      I have developed a script in win95 that reads information from an excel
      table with OLE automation and inserts/updates records in a MSSQL7 database.

      my problem is when I moved the script over onto a test system with win2000,
      the script barely crawls along. On Win95 it would process about 50 records
      per second, and now on win2K it does about 1 record per 10 seconds.

      Any ideas as to why the script is so slow now, and how to speed it up would
      be appreciated.