Re: [PBML] Processing Formular Data

  • Chris Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 5:46 AM
      I assume we're talking about a web application here, if not ignore this :-)

      I think the easiest way to solve your problem is to have one submit button and one perl script.

      When the button is pressed, your script checks if the phone and street fields have been filled. If not, it looks up (if necessary) and rebuilds the form with the values inserted in the appropriate boxes. For example, send this to a HTML page after setting the variables $input_name, $input_phone and $input_street to the ones you require:

      print '<FORM ACTION="insert_script_url" METHOD=post>';
      print '<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="input_name" VALUE="$name">';
      print '<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="input_phone" VALUE="$phone">';
      print '<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="input_street" VALUE="$street">';
      print '<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Go">';
      print '</FORM>';

      The button on the new form sends the content back to the same script.

      If the script realises all forms have been filled in, it redirects to an apporpriate sub and does whatever you want it to do.

      HTH
      Chris