Win32 Development, Linux Deployment Problems

  • Terry Fowler
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28 6:29 PM
      I have a rather basic "write the form info into a
      text file on the server script." It's working fine
      on Win98SE/Apache 1.3.12/Perl5.005_3. Then I copy it
      up to the server and that's where the fun begins.
      Server info = RedHat7.0/Apache 1.3.12/Perl 5.6.0.

      I'm using CGI.pm; calling it like this (Lincoln's book,
      page 38, 1st ed.):

      use CGI qw(:cgi-lib);
      &ReadParse;

      Running at the command line I get the follwing error:

      bash: persinfo.cgi: line 10: syntax error near unexpected token
      `qw(:'
      bash: persinfo.cgi: line 10: `use CGI qw(:cgi-lib);'

      So I use single quotes like in Lincoln's book (page 26) like this:

      use CGI ':cgi-lib';
      &ReadParse;

      Now I get the following errors:

      bash: use: command not found
      bash: persinfo.cgi: line 12: syntax error near unexpected token `&R'
      bash: persinfo.cgi: line 12: `&ReadParse;'

      I do have other cgi scripts working fine on this site,
      I've saved as UNIX in UltraEdit, FTPd as ascii, chmod'd to
      755. Path to perl is correct. Really hoping this isn't
      something obvious and I'm just wasting y'all's time.

      TIA,

      Terry Fowler

      PS - the whole script is available at
      http://www.sellyourhotrod.com/persinfo.txt

      PPS - on the digest, so a CC would be appreciated.