Re: [PBML] alteration of text strings within a file...??

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2001
      I think the best way to do this would be to read in the file a line at a time
      and match it with a regex, then substitue accordingly. Something like my
      example at the bottom will work.
      -Mike

      __BEGIN__
      #!/usr/bin/perl -w
      use strict;
      open IN, "<file.html";
      open OUT, ">out.html";
      # Will ready file.html a line at a time and assign the line to the var $_
      for (<IN>){
      # Replace with your matches/substitutions.
      # This will remove all HTML tags from the $_ variable, ie, current line.
      #prints $_ to out.html
      print OUT;
      }
      close IN;