HTTP 405 error

  • Ian Fenelon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 1:19 PM
      I have a problem!

      Can someone help....please! This is probably something very
      straightforward for a moderately experienced web developer (which I obviously am not!)

      I get the following when I click the submit button on my web page when I
      would expect my perl script to be executed and give me a HTML reply-

      HTTP Error 405
      405 Method Not Allowed

      The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource
      identified by the request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME type
      set up for the resource you are requesting.

      I thought that the problem may be that the  CGI-BIN directory is not set as executable,
      but I have amended the properties on the directory to be executable and I am
      still getting the problem.

      For the record, here is the HTML for my form (an example from a book) -

      <FORM ACTION="http://gbras0209/EchoTest.pl" METHOD="POST">
      <P>Please enter your name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name" SIZE=40>
      <P>E-mail address: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="email" SIZE=40>
      <P>Mailing address: <TEXTAREA NAME="address" ROWS=5 COLS=45></TEXTAREA>
      <P>Do you make homebrew?</B>
      <INPUT TYPE="radio" Name="hb" VALUE="Yes" CHECKED>Yes</B>
      <INPUT TYPE="radio" Name="hb" VALUE="No">No</B>
      <P><INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Send Info">
      </FORM>

      Here is my script (EchoTest.pl) -

      #!/usr/local/bin/perl
      require("cgi-lib.pl");
      &ReadParse;
      print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
      print "<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>";
      PRINT "Results for: ",$in{'name'};
      print "<H1>Just For You</H1>";
      print "<P>Hi ",$in{'name'}," !\n";
      print "<HR>";
      print "<P>You live at ",$in{'address'};
      print "<P<STRONG>Is this Correct?</STRONG>";
      print "<P>Homebrewer? Lessee...",$in{'hb'};
      print "<P>You like homebrew!" if $in{'hb'} eq 'Yes';
      print "</BODY></HTML>";

      I have Perl installed.

      I have Microsoft Personal Web Server installed.

      I am using Windows 98.

      Both my HTML and Perl script are under the 'root' directory indicated by
      Personal Web Server (Inetpub/wwwroot).

      Help!

      Ian