Help - To kill the process

  • S Balaji
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
      Hello,

      I don't know how to kill the process in unix host.

      Please explain.

      My ned is In the form get the processid of any spcific application
      (process) which is running in the bg. And kill that application. If
      possible get the conformation from the user.

      Thanks in advance.

      - Balaji.
    • Damien Carbery
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
        Perl has a 'kill' function. I think the function takes the PID.
        If you don't know the PID you could use `ps -ef` to get a list of
        processes and then extract the PID.
        If you know the process name you can use `ps -ef | grep $ProcessName`
        and extract the PID.