PERL: buffer length exceeded

  • tommy testerson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2014
      HI All,

      I am using Net::Telnet.

      I am telnetting into my server and saving the output to an array. But output is big and i get this error maximum input buffer length exceeded: 1048576 bytes

      Is there anyone who experienced this  ?

      How can I solve this issue ?

      Thanks,

    • Shlomi Fish
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2014
        Hi Tommy,

        first of all, note that "Perl" is not spelled "PERL". See:

        * http://perl-begin.org/learn/Perl-perl-but-not-PERL/

        On Fri, 16 May 2014 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
        "tommy testerson tommy.testerson@... [perl-beginner]"
        <perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > HI All,
        >
        > I am using Net::Telnet.
        >
        > I am telnetting into my server and saving the output to an array. But output
        > is big and i get this error maximum input buffer length exceeded: 1048576
        > bytes
        >

        > Is there anyone who experienced this  ?
        >

        > How can I solve this issue ?

        Please show us your code:

        * http://shadow.cat/blog/matt-s-trout/show-us-the-whole-code/

        (With the passwords obscured naturally).

        Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

        Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
        Rethinking CPAN - http://shlom.in/rethinking-cpan

        <Su-Shee> rindolf: yeah because Perl’s crypt() is TOTALLY different from all
        the other crypt()s. ;)
        <rindolf> Su-Shee: crypts are like snowflakes - no one alike.
        * rindolf has a huge and comprehensive collection of crypts on his disk.

      • Peter Dominey
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2014
          Tommy,

          Hi - it's little difficult to say with the limited info you provide. But unless there is a very particular reason for the array, you may want to just save the output to a file rather than array and just do a redirect to the file, in place of buffering it.

          --

          Thanks
          Peter Dominey

          Independent UNIX Contactor

          Phone:    817-488-5957
          E-mail:   pdominey
          Web site: www.dominey.biz

          On Sat, 2014-05-17 at 13:09 +0300, Shlomi Fish shlomif@... [perl-beginner] wrote:
          Hi Tommy,

          first of all, note that "Perl" is not spelled "PERL". See:

          * http://perl-begin.org/learn/Perl-perl-but-not-PERL/

          On Fri, 16 May 2014 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
          "tommy testerson tommy.testerson@... [perl-beginner]"
          <perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > HI All,
          >
          > I am using Net::Telnet.
          >
          > I am telnetting into my server and saving the output to an array. But output
          > is big and i get this error maximum input buffer length exceeded: 1048576
          > bytes
          >

          > Is there anyone who experienced this  ?
          >

          > How can I solve this issue ?

          Please show us your code:

          * http://shadow.cat/blog/matt-s-trout/show-us-the-whole-code/

          (With the passwords obscured naturally).

          Regards,

          	Shlomi Fish

          Rethinking CPAN - http://shlom.in/rethinking-cpan

           <Su-Shee>  rindolf: yeah because Perl’s crypt() is TOTALLY different from all
                      the other crypt()s. ;)
           <rindolf>  Su-Shee: crypts are like snowflakes - no one alike.
            * rindolf has a huge and comprehensive collection of crypts on his disk.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)