Re: [PBML] Command Line Statement Issue

  • Cacaroto Vega
    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2013
      try perl -e 'print "hello"'

      ________________________________
      De: giovanni.angello <giovanni.angello@...>
      Para: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      Enviado: Jueves, 9 de mayo, 2013 15:57:51
      Asunto: [PBML] Command Line Statement Issue

      Hi,

      I downloaded Perl64. Typed in: perl -v and confirmed I am using v5.16.3 for MSWin32-x64-multi-thread.

      I can run a file, but I am having trouble with command lines... such as

      C:\Perl64>print "Hello"; #returns the following:

      Unable to initialize device PRN

      C:\Perl64>print -e "Hello"; #returns the following:

      Unable to initialize device PRN

      C:\Perl64>print -c "Hello"; #returns the following:

      Unable to initialize device PRN

      What is the first step to run command line statements? Thanx!

    • Charles K. Clarkson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2013
        On 5/9/2013 4:57 PM, giovanni.angello wrote:

        > C:\Perl64>print "Hello"; #returns the following:
        >
        > Unable to initialize device PRN

        Your operating system probably has a command named print which is trying
        to execute your command.

        Try: perl -e 'print "Hello"'

        Charles Clarkson
        --
        I'm not really a smart person. I just play one on the Internet.
        +1 (254) 434-2733
        Message 3 of 4 , May 24, 2013
          Hi,

          On Thu, 09 May 2013 20:25:18 -0500
          "Charles K. Clarkson" <cclarkson@...> wrote:

          > On 5/9/2013 4:57 PM, giovanni.angello wrote:
          >
          > > C:\Perl64>print "Hello"; #returns the following:
          > >
          > > Unable to initialize device PRN
          >
          > Your operating system probably has a command named print which is trying
          > to execute your command.
          >
          > Try: perl -e 'print "Hello"'

          That won't work in the Windows CMD.EXE shell -
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_Prompt . There you can try:

          perl -e "print q/Hello\n/;"

          Regards,

          Shlomi Fish