Wx 0.9914 fails to install on Windows 7 with Strawberry Perl x64 5.16.1001

  • Ignacio
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2012
      I have been trying to install Padre on Windows 7 with Strawberry Perl
      using 'cpan Padre' and 'cpanm Padre', but many dependencies fail to
      install.

      First, I note module 'Wx' fails to install:

         --> Working on Wx
         Fetching http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/M/MD/MDOOTSON/Wx-0.9914.tar.gz ... OK
         Configuring Wx-0.9914 ... OK
         Building and testing Wx-0.9914 ... FAIL
         ! Installing Wx failed. See C:\Users\Igna\.cpanm\build.log for details.

      The 'build.log' file referenced above has:

         Warning: prerequisite Wx 0.9901 not found. We have 0.94.
      <snip>
         Checking if you have Wx 0.9901 ... No (0.94 < 0.9901)
      <snip>
         --> Working on Wx
         Fetching http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/M/MD/MDOOTSON/Wx-0.9914.tar.gz
         -> OK
         Unpacking Wx-0.9914.tar.gz
         Entering Wx-0.9914
         Checking configure dependencies from META.yml
         Checking if you have Alien::wxWidgets 0.25 ... Yes (0.4601)
         Configuring Wx-0.9914
         Running Makefile.PL
         Checking if your kit is complete...
         Looks good
         'WX' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.
      <snip>
         Building and testing Wx-0.9914
      <snip>
         -> FAIL Installing Wx failed. See C:\Users\Igna\.cpanm\build.log for details.

      So, I understand Padre needs Wx 0.9914 (instead of the version I have,
      0.94), but cpanm fails to install it.

      Has anyone else had this problem?

      What can you suggest to fix it?

      Group members can see the complete output of 'cpanm Padre' here:

      (Size: 5KB)

      And the contents of the file 'build.log' referenced in it here:

      (Size: 288KB)

      Comments and ideas will be greatly appreciated.

      Ignacio