Re: [PBML] Regarding sdbm error mesage

  • Shlomi Fish
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2012
      Hi Musfique,

      On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 20:00:31 +0900
      "Md. Musfique Anwar" <musfique.anwar@...> wrote:

      > Deal All,
      >
      > Hope all of you are fine.
      >
      > I am a beginner in Perl programming. I got this error when I tied a
      > hash to a dbm file:
      >
      > sdbm store returned -1, errno 19, key .............
      >
      > I will be happy to know the solution.

      I believe you should not be using SDBM (which is pretty old) or the
      tied-hash version of accessing it. For alternatives, see the article:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dbm

      Both BerkeleyDB (which is under a GPL-like licence) and Google LevelDB
      (BSD-style) should be OK. LevelDB has this wrapper on CPAN:

      https://metacpan.org/module/Tie::LevelDB

      Regards,

      Shlomi Fish

    • Shlomi Fish
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 22, 2012
        Hi Musfique,

        please reply to the mailing list instead of to me in private (as I
        specifically note in the last line of my message). From the gmail.com
        interface, hit "Reply All".

        On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:51:42 +0900
        "Md. Musfique Anwar" <musfique.anwar@...> wrote:

        > Dear Shlomif,
        >
        > Thanks for your e-mail.
        >
        > When I execute the code using
        >
        > use Tie::LevelDB <https://metacpan.org/module/Tie::LevelDB>;
        >
        > tie my %hash, 'Tie::LevelDB', "/tmp/testdb";
        >
        > I got error message mentioned that "Can't locate Tie/LevelDB.pm".

        1. You should install Tie::LevelDB from CPAN (and the Google LevelDB
        C++ library which is its dependency). See:

        * http://perl-begin.org/topics/cpan/

        * http://perl-begin.org/topics/cpan/wrappers-for-distributions/

        2. Don't use Tie::LevelDB's tie interface. Use the object-oriented one
        which mirrors the C++ API.

        Regards,

        Shlomi Fish