Re: [PBML] parsing XML

  • Charles K. Clarkson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2001
      Jhilmil JAIN <jhilmilj@...> wrote:
      :
      : Hi all,
      : I have to parse a XML page and store its tags and content of the tags
      : in the database.
      :
      : The difficult thing is that I need to maintain the structure of
      : the web page...
      :
      : for example..
      : <?xml version="1.0"?>
      : <AddressBook>
      : <Entry>
      : <Name>John Doe</Name>
      : <Address>
      : <Street>221 Armstrong Street</Street>
      : <City>Auburn</City>
      : <State>AL</State>
      : <ZipCode>36830</ZipCode>
      : <Country>US</Country>
      : </Address>
      : <Tel>334-844-6330</Tel>
      : <Tel preferred="true">334-553-6329</Tel>
      : <Email href="mailto:nobody@..."/>
      : </Entry>
      : <Entry>
      : <Name><Fname>Jack</Fname><Lname>Smith</Lname></Name>
      : <Tel>334-501-1777</Tel>
      : <Email href="mailto:somebody@..."/>
      : </Entry>
      : </AddressBook>
      :
      :
      :
      : This structure should be maintained.
      : Can anyone tell me if there are modules already available in
      : Perl to do this for me?(atleast parsing the XML page).
      :

      There are lots of perl xml modules. You might want to check at
      xml.com. XML::Parser comes with the standard perl distribution.

      HTH,
      Charles K. Clarkson