Unable to Download Tk (Tool kit) in Windows7

  • Farahim Khan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2012
      Hi Experts,

      I am not able to download Tk or any package from internet.

      I am using the syntax in CMD

      C:\>ppm install Tk

      The following error occurs after this:

      C:\>ppm install Tk

      Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...failed 500 Can't
      connect t

      o ppm4.activestate.com:80 (timeout)

      Downloading sisyphusion packlist...failed 500 Can't connect to
      www.sisyphusion.t

      k:80 (timeout)

      ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provides Tk

      C:\>

      I am using windows 7 (32-bit)

      Please give some idea.

      Regards,

      Farahim Khan

    • Ken Shail
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2012
        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Farahim Khan" <farahim.khan@...> wrote:

        > Hi Experts,
        >

        > I am not able to download Tk or any package from internet.
        >
        > I am using the syntax in CMD
        >

        > C:\>ppm install Tk
        >

        > The following error occurs after this:
        >

        > C:\>ppm install Tk
        >
        > Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...failed 500 Can't
        > connect t
        >
        > o ppm4.activestate.com:80 (timeout)
        >
        > Downloading sisyphusion packlist...failed 500 Can't connect to
        > www.sisyphusion.t
        >
        > k:80 (timeout)
        >
        > ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provides Tk
        >
        > C:\>
        >

        > I am using windows 7 (32-bit)
        >
        > Please give some idea.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Farahim Khan

        Have you tried adding the following repositories in ppm?
        http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm/
        or
        http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm64/ if you are using 64 bit perl.
        They worked for me.