Re: [PBML] New to group

  • Tariq Hasan
    Message 1 of 14 , May 10, 2012
      SHawn

      Ive got this far:

      If you're accessing the net via proxies, you can specify them in the
      CPAN configuration or via environment variables. The variable in
      the $CPAN::Config takes precedence.
      <ftp_proxy>
      Your ftp_proxy? []
      <http_proxy>
      Your http_proxy? []
      <no_proxy>
      Your no_proxy? []
      You have no /.cpan/sources/MIRRORED.BY
      I'm trying to fetch one
      CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok (v5.819)
      CPAN: Time::HiRes loaded ok (v1.86)
      Your urllist is empty! The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist
      push ftp://myurl/'
      Could not fetch MIRRORED.BY
      CPAN.pm needs at least one URL where it can fetch CPAN files from.
      Please enter your CPAN site: []
      Now what?

      Regards

      Tariq

      --
      Regards

      Tariq Hasan

      Mobile: +44 (0)7725 894066
      Email: taz.hasan@...

      Message 2 of 14 , May 10, 2012

        Tariq> Could not fetch MIRRORED.BY

        If you can't fetch that, you're likely not seeing the internet from your
        box.

        Fix that first. If you have to use a proxy, you should have answered
        that proxy at the earlier questions.

        And for the obligatory public service announcement:

        *
        * THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL perl BEGINNERS GROUP.
        *
        * The official one is at beginners@..., with instructions on how to
        * join at http://lists.perl.org/list/beginners.html.
        *
        * You'll get far better response there, not to say you won't get *any* here.
        *