Re: [PBML] Perl/crystal reports

  • Matthew K
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 11, 2012
      I forgot to mention, that you can use CGI instead of ASP for your server side code, and build the functionality into the webpage. That way the change is in the background and seamless to the user since they don't do anything differently.

      If it seems like too much work, regex can be used in ASP for pattern matching.

      Matt

      >________________________________

    • Zenith Star
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2012
        Thanks

        I forgot to mention, that you can use CGI instead of ASP for your server side code, and build the functionality into the webpage. That way the change is in the background and seamless to the user since they don't do anything differently.

        If it seems like too much work, regex can be used in ASP for pattern matching.

        Matt

        >________________________________

      • Joe Pepersack
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 21, 2012
          What database are you running? Stored procedures, and the methods for
          extending them with non-SQL languages, are all platform specific.
          Performance may be a concern.

          Postgres has by far the best solution: <a
          href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PL/Perl">PL/Perl</a>. This allows
          you to run a non-trivial subset of Perl as a Postgres Stored Procedure.

          In Sybase and MS-SQL, you can use xp_cmdshell or a custom extended
          stored procedure. I'm sure Oracle has a similar method, but I'm not
          familiar with it.

          I don't know of a solution for MySQL. MySQL historically has been
          hostile to the idea of stored procedures and adopted them reluctantly.