Re: [PBML] Perl hosting?

  • Joe Pepersack
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2012
      I have been with Dreamhost.com for 10 years now. I host several
      Perl-based websites there. Unlimited shell accounts, unlimited
      storage, unlimited domains, unlimited just about everything. Shell
      accounts have all the amenities you'd expect, and maybe a few you
      wouldn't: crontab, private subversion repositories.

      They have a fairly decent selection of non-standard libraries installed,
      but you will inevitably need to get something from CPAN. Setting up
      CPAN is fairly trivial - just follow the standard directions for
      non-root users. The only potential gotcha is that PERL5LIB is *not*
      read from your .profile/.bashrc when running as CGI, so you will have
      manually add your local cpan paths with 'use lib'.