Perl hosting?

  • maria.startrek
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2012
      I was wonderin what do you use for hosting Perl scripts?
      Any recommendations guys?
    • Joe Pepersack
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2012
        I have been with Dreamhost.com for 10 years now. I host several
        Perl-based websites there. Unlimited shell accounts, unlimited
        storage, unlimited domains, unlimited just about everything. Shell
        accounts have all the amenities you'd expect, and maybe a few you
        wouldn't: crontab, private subversion repositories.

        They have a fairly decent selection of non-standard libraries installed,
        but you will inevitably need to get something from CPAN. Setting up
        CPAN is fairly trivial - just follow the standard directions for
        non-root users. The only potential gotcha is that PERL5LIB is *not*
        read from your .profile/.bashrc when running as CGI, so you will have
        manually add your local cpan paths with 'use lib'.