YAPC::NA - June 13-15 in Madison, WI

  • andy_bach@wiwb.uscourts.gov
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2 12:07 PM
      Hey,

      Just in case, as "beginners", you'all might not be getting all the Perl
      buzz; YAPC::NA
      http://www.yapcna.org/

      will be in Madison this June. Having been to a couple, it's one of the
      best, cheapest (100 bucks!) conf. you can get to, let alone, Perl confs.
      Lots of great talks, side events, training and lots more. I was able to
      meet and talk w/ "legends" like Larry Wall and Damian Conway (just to name
      two - <ahem>) and even go out for a meal or two. There's even a chance
      "Merlyn" himself will be there (he was in Chicago)!

      So if you're looking for training you can talk your boss into or combining
      a family trip (WI in June is pretty nice) w/ true geeky fun ...

      Just thought I'd mention it.

      ----------------------
      Andy Bach
      Systems Mangler
      Internet: andy_bach@...
      Voice: (608) 261-5738, Cell: (608) 658-1890

      We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we
      pretend to be.
      Kurt Vonnegut

    • seismokid
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2 12:10 PM
        Andy, thanks! That's great to know. And I have a sister in Madison so
        combining this with seeing her is a real possibility.... :)

        --Peg