Perl Tk ang graphing

  • medura43
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 20, 2011
      Hi all

      Not sure if this the right place to ask this question, but can I use perl or perl TK to plot on a web page?

      If so, can some refer me to resources that explain how this can be done?

      cheers
    • Shlomi Fish
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2011
        Hi Medura,

        On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:51:15 -0000
        "medura43" <medura43@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > Not sure if this the right place to ask this question, but can I use perl or perl TK to plot on a web page?

        You can use Perl to do that, but you don't need to use Perl/Tk for that. That's
        because Tk draws to a local windowing environment and not to a web page.

        > If so, can some refer me to resources that explain how this can be done?

        You can use one of CPAN's numerous charts/graphs modules. Search for "chart",
        "graph", etc. on:

        * http://search.cpan.org/

        * https://metacpan.org/

        These blog posts are also relevant:

        * http://www.preshweb.co.uk/2011/11/graphing-time-based-data-in-perl/

        * http://szabgab.com/beautiful-perl--creating-charts-and-graphs.html

        Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

      • Shawn H Corey
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 20, 2011
          On 11-11-20 06:51 AM, medura43 wrote:
          > If so, can some refer me to resources that explain how this can be done?

          You should use GD::Graph or GD::Graph3d to create PNG files. Both are
          available from CPAN.

          --
          Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
          Shawn

          as it is about coding.

          Never give up your dreams. Give up your goals, plans,
          strategy, tactics, and anything that's not working but never
          give up your dreams.
        • Paul.G
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 21, 2011
            Thanks for your help everyone, I have some reading to do. Hopefully, I can have some nice plots on a graph over the next few weeks.

            cheers