Re: [PBML] Little Script doesn't end

  • Amish Husain
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2011
      right, i just replaced the array with a scalar on ur script.
      but u made a good point with \n

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 31, 2011

        Amish> right, i just replaced the array with a scalar on ur script.

        And broke it.

        If your help hurts more than it helps, please stop answering. It makes
        more work for the rest of us.

      • Shawn H Corey
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 31, 2011
          On 11-10-31 01:59 PM, merlyn@... wrote:
          > <mailto:amishhusain%40ymail.com>> writes:
          >
          > Amish> right, i just replaced the array with a scalar on ur script.
          >
          > And broke it.
          >
          > If your help hurts more than it helps, please stop answering. It makes
          > more work for the rest of us.

          Actually, it's not clear if the OP wanted to reverse the order of the
          lines in the file or reverse each line but keep the same order. Or
          perhaps both. We have have to wait for the OP to respond to see which is
          correct.

          --
          Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
          Shawn

          Confusion is the first step of understanding.

          as it is about coding.

          The secret to great software: Fail early & often.

          Eliminate software piracy: use only FLOSS.

          "Make something worthwhile." -- Dear Hunter
        • Christian Fuchs
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 31, 2011
            On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 02:02:54PM -0400, Shawn H Corey wrote:
            > > <mailto:amishhusain%40ymail.com>> writes:
            > >
            > > Amish> right, i just replaced the array with a scalar on ur script.
            > >
            > > And broke it.
            > >
            > > If your help hurts more than it helps, please stop answering. It makes
            > > more work for the rest of us.
            >
            > Actually, it's not clear if the OP wanted to reverse the order of the
            > lines in the file or reverse each line but keep the same order. Or
            > perhaps both. We have have to wait for the OP to respond to see which is
            > correct.
            >

            > --
            > Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
            > Shawn
            >
            > Confusion is the first step of understanding.
            >
            > Programming is as much about organization and communication
            > as it is about coding.
            >
            > The secret to great software: Fail early & often.
            >
            > Eliminate software piracy: use only FLOSS.
            >
            > "Make something worthwhile." -- Dear Hunter

            Sorry that i hadn't made it clear enough. My purpose is to get the words in the same order as they are, but reversing the lines in which they are printed (First line is last and so on).

            Thanks for your help!
          • timothy adigun
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2011
              Hi Christian
              Christian Fuchs <agentphreak@...> wrote:

              > **
              >
              > Sorry that i hadn't made it clear enough. My purpose is to get the words
              > in the same order as they are, but reversing the lines in which they are
              > printed (First line is last and so on). Thanks for your help!

              * *I believe Shawn script will do exactly what you are asking for, however,
              if you want a one liner without the array variable you could also use this:

              #!/usr/bin/perl -w
              use strict;

              print reverse <>;

              _,___