Re: [PBML] outputting a command result

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2011
      >>>>> "ReginaM" == ReginaM <rmiller@...-harbor.wa.us> writes:

      ReginaM> Thank you.
      ReginaM> That got me farther along, but I still have an issue.

      ReginaM> I've now got:
      ReginaM> $filename = `ls -at1 /head -1`;

      If that's supposed to be:

      ls -at1 | head -1

      It'd be simpler to just:

      my ($filename) = `ls -at1`;

      which will grab just the first line of output.

    • rmillergraysharbor
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 27, 2011
        That's it!
        Thanks to all of you for your help.