Re: [PBML] Help needed with a Perl SFTP code: urgent !!!

  • Hitarth
    Message 1 of 5 , May 22, 2011
      This is not Homework...I am working in a project where I am supposed to change an existing FTP connection to an SFTP, with perl.
    • Shawn H Corey
      Message 2 of 5 , May 22, 2011
        On 11-05-22 04:10 AM, merlyn@... wrote:

        > Hitarth> I am supposed to write a perl code that uses SFTP to transfer
        > Hitarth> one file from my server to another server.
        >
        > Sounds a bit like homework. Can you prove it isn't?

        Randal, you know it's impossible to prove a negative.

        Hitarth, don't let Randal get to you. I normally don't answer questions
        about modules I don't have any experience with but the Perl community
        has gotten a reputation for being unfriendly, so I thought I would give
        you a note of encouragement. The opinions of /some people/ don't
        necessarily reflect those of the community. Try to disregard them.

        And if you can't get an answer here, try perlmonks: http://perlmonks.org/

        --
        Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
        Shawn

        Confusion is the first step of understanding.

        as it is about coding.

        The secret to great software: Fail early & often.

        Eliminate software piracy: use only FLOSS.
        Message 3 of 5 , May 22, 2011

          >> Sounds a bit like homework. Can you prove it isn't?
          >>

          Shawn> Randal, you know it's impossible to prove a negative.

          Sure he can. He can give a context that doesn't make it sound
          artificial. Which he almost did.

          Shawn> Hitarth, don't let Randal get to you. I normally don't answer
          Shawn> questions about modules I don't have any experience with but the
          Shawn> Perl community has gotten a reputation for being unfriendly, so I
          Shawn> thought I would give you a note of encouragement. The opinions
          Shawn> of /some people/ don't necessarily reflect those of the
          Shawn> community. Try to disregard them.

          Shawn, don't help people cheat. If you have a better way of figuring
          out that something is homework besides just asking them respectfully,
          I'm all ears.