Re: [PBML] Help needed with a Perl SFTP code: urgent !!!

    Message 1 of 5 , May 22, 2011

      Hitarth> I am supposed to write a perl code that uses SFTP to transfer
      Hitarth> one file from my server to another server.

      Sounds a bit like homework. Can you prove it isn't?

    • Hitarth
      Message 2 of 5 , May 22, 2011
        This is not Homework...I am working in a project where I am supposed to change an existing FTP connection to an SFTP, with perl.
      • Shawn H Corey
        Message 3 of 5 , May 22, 2011
          On 11-05-22 04:10 AM, merlyn@... wrote:

          > Hitarth> I am supposed to write a perl code that uses SFTP to transfer
          > Hitarth> one file from my server to another server.
          >
          > Sounds a bit like homework. Can you prove it isn't?

          Randal, you know it's impossible to prove a negative.

          Hitarth, don't let Randal get to you. I normally don't answer questions
          about modules I don't have any experience with but the Perl community
          has gotten a reputation for being unfriendly, so I thought I would give
          you a note of encouragement. The opinions of /some people/ don't
          necessarily reflect those of the community. Try to disregard them.

          And if you can't get an answer here, try perlmonks: http://perlmonks.org/

          --
          Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
          Shawn

          Confusion is the first step of understanding.

          as it is about coding.

          The secret to great software: Fail early & often.

          Eliminate software piracy: use only FLOSS.
          Message 4 of 5 , May 22, 2011

            >> Sounds a bit like homework. Can you prove it isn't?
            >>

            Shawn> Randal, you know it's impossible to prove a negative.

            Sure he can. He can give a context that doesn't make it sound
            artificial. Which he almost did.

            Shawn> Hitarth, don't let Randal get to you. I normally don't answer
            Shawn> questions about modules I don't have any experience with but the
            Shawn> Perl community has gotten a reputation for being unfriendly, so I
            Shawn> thought I would give you a note of encouragement. The opinions
            Shawn> of /some people/ don't necessarily reflect those of the
            Shawn> community. Try to disregard them.

            Shawn, don't help people cheat. If you have a better way of figuring
            out that something is homework besides just asking them respectfully,
            I'm all ears.