Padre IDE

  • mablci
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2011
      Hi,

      I'm trying to use the Padre IDE for perl.
      From what I have read I guess it is not really a bonified IDE.
      However, I have read that one can at least use it to debug
      your code. It also has a feature to run your scripts. I have tried
      both of this functions with little success. If I have my .pl files
      in the correct directory and the program does something
      very simple like print out "Hello World", then when I run
      I get "Hello World" in the output window. However, if I
      try to run a program that requires input from the keyboard
      (<STDIN> I don't get anything in the output window. Is there
      another window for input? Also, when I try to debug/step
      through my code, it steps through but I don't see any
      variables in my 'variables' window and again when it
      steps to a line that requires user input (<STDIN>, it seems to hang
      up and not do anything. Does anyone have any experience
      with Padre or advice how to get the supposed features to work?

      Thanks,