Re: [PBML] Java Script

  • Pete Morris
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31 2:47 PM
      Steve, with all due respect I think your problem lies with your expectation
      of 'clean' service for 5GBP per month; you get what you pay for.

      The trouble with HTTP is that delivery of stuff into a page is serial; you
      can't put a <noscript> or any other potential show-stopper at the top of the
      page 'cos the server's CGI script got the last word on that. Too bad; get
      another host :-/

      However, anyone got any (legal) solutions to this one, given that the host's
      CGI will always put this JS at the top of Steve's pages? I love a puzzle.
      _____________________________
      Pete Morris - +44(0)7887 963788
      http://uk.geocities.com/peteralanmorris

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
        Hi all,

        I am playing with an upload script I got off this list a week or so ago...

        it has this line... : $TempFile::TMPDIRECTORY='C:/Inetpub/wwwroot';

        I want to replace C:/Inetpub/wwwroot with $Server_path_of_images_directory

        to give me $TempFile::TMPDIRECTORY='$Server_path_of_images_directory';

        $Server_path_of_images_directory is a variable thats in another scripts
        config file, which is "required" at the start of this script,, but for some
        reason, $TempFile::TMPDIRECTORY= will not accept anything other then an
        actual path...

        is there some way I can change things so that it accepts the path?

        kindest regards

        Frank Hauptle
        ----/ / _
        ---/ / (_)__ __ ____ __
        --/ /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /
        Gshop & Network Payment Solutions.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
          sok, got it sussed, just removed the '' from around the variable. Works now.

          thanks all.

          Frank Hauptle
          ----/ / _