Re: [PBML] [OT]

  • Pete Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2001
      Oooh.

      Copyright persists for 75 years after the author's death. How much of the
      copyrighted material do you need? If only a small (~10%) section of the
      original document is reproduced, and properly credited, then you have no
      need to prepare for the author suing your brains out for copyright
      violation.

      <dogma>
      You do not need to add a copyright message to your work for copyright to
      become de facto - It is automatic.
      </dogma>

      Folk who fail to append a contact path when they publish anything, anywhere,
      are rude. With the physical anonimity of the internet, there really is no
      excuse for not slipping your email address at the foot of the document.

      Good luck with your publishing venture. May we have the URL for appraisal?
      Pete Morris - +44(0)7887 963788
      http://uk.geocities.com/peteralanmorris