Re: [PBML] Perl Application Server????

  • Wendell Hatcher
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2011
      Randal,

                      I was not aware that there is an PAR deployment Perl Application Server out there? I  sent out this email to gather thoughts and see if it has already been done or if others would be interested in creating an Application Server. I haven't gone through the steps of gather modules and building out the project yet. I wanted to get the thoughts of others who if this is or is not a good idea?

      -Wendell

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2011

        Wendell>                 I was not aware that there is an PAR deployment
        Wendell> Perl Application Server out there? I  sent out this email to
        Wendell> gather thoughts and see if it has already been done or if
        Wendell> others would be interested in creating an Application Server. I
        Wendell> haven't gone through the steps of gather modules and building
        Wendell> out the project yet. I wanted to get the thoughts of others who
        Wendell> if this is or is not a good idea?

        Stop using the word "Application Server".

        Say exactly what you think it is. How would it interface with mod_perl?
        How would it interface with other modules? How would it help
        developers? What features does it supply, and what features does it
        need from other pieces?

        The problem is that "Application Server" can mean almost anything.

        That's what I asked for you to do two mails ago. That'll help us
        communicate.