Re: Need help with downloading DBI Module on a linux box

  • Toma H
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2010
      Can you help me with a name of some perl compiler were I can run line by line and see the effect of each line

      Thanks a lot

      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Hema K <khema1808@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I need help with installing DBI Module and MySQL client on a Ubuntu 8.x
      > machine. I tried downloading the module from CPAN but was not successful
      > with the installation. Don't know what steps am I missing. Any help is
      > appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks!

    • Toma H
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2010
        I forgot to give you some datail why I need this software (I can not find on internet something like this and I create this but is not working , too many errors I `m beginer and I can not fix it alone :(

        use strict;
        use warnings;
        my $DATAIN_FILE = "test.txt";

        open my $data_in_fh, "<", $DATAIN_FILE
        or die "Cannot open '$datain_FILE' for reading - $!";

        while (<$DATAIN_FILE>) {
        chomp;
        $var = $_;
        @var= split ("|",$_);

        #Create and put value of filename
        my $fname_out = var[0];

        #Spit data to have file name and information to put in the file
        my ($fname;$data_out_fh) = split /|/, $;
        #if name of file fname_out the same with the name of first value in the line fname print line in the file
        if (fname=fname_out)
        {open $data_out_fh, ">", "$fname.txt"
        or die "Cannot open '$fname.txt' for writing - $!";
        print {$fname_out} "$data_out_fh\n";

        else
        {
        #if fname not the same with firts value in the line then create a new file with this name of firts value in line and add line in the file
        $fname_out=$fname
        open $data_out_fh, ">", "$fname.txt"
        or die "Cannot open '$fname.txt' for writing - $!";

        print {$fname_out} "$data_out_fh\n";
        }

        close($data_out_fh);

        the result of my work is too many errors
        c:\perl>start1.pl
        Global symbol "$datain_FILE" requires explicit package name at C:\_th\WORK\SCRIP
        T and help\extractie mef\start1.pl line 6.
        Global symbol "$var" requires explicit package name at c:\perl\start1.pl line 10.
        Global symbol "@var" requires explicit package name at c:\perl\start1.pl line 11.
        syntax error at c:\perl\start1.pl line 14, near "var["
        syntax error at c:\perl\start1.pl line 17, near "$fname;"
        Global symbol "$data_out_fh" requires explicit package name at c:\perl\start1.pl line 17.
        syntax error at c:\perl\start1.pl line 17, near "$data_out_fh) "
        Global symbol "$data_out_fh" requires explicit package name at c:\perl\start1.pl line 20.
        Global symbol "$data_out_fh" requires explicit package name at c:\perl\start1.pl line 22.
        syntax error at c:\perl\start1.pl line 25, near "}"
        c:\perl\start1.pl has too many errors.

        Can someone help me, I ask for a solution because I think is more easy to put some lines not to fix my bad syntax