Re: really beginer

  • a_z0_9_blah
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2010
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Toma H" <horatiutoma@...> wrote:

      > I need to know if is possible to split a file in perl I will provide data here about what I need

      Its really not good to provide questioners with solutions if they haven't tried themselves. Otherwise, how would they learn?

      This may accomplish what you described.

      #!/usr/bin/perl
      use strict;
      use warnings;

      chomp(my $line = <DATA>);
      my ($previous_loc) = $line =~ /(\d+)/;

      open my $fh, ">", "location${previous_loc}_address.txt" or die $!;
      print $fh $line, "\n";

      while (<DATA>) {
      chomp;
      my ($location) = /(\d+)/;
      if ($previous_loc != $location) {
      close $fh or die $!;

      open $fh, ">", "location${location}_address.txt" or die $!;
      print $fh $_, "\n";

      $previous_loc = $location;
      }
      else {
      print $fh $_, "\n";
      close $fh or die $!;

      __DATA__
      location1/nume/telefon/email
      location1/nume/telefon/email
      location1/nume/telefon/email
      location1/nume/telefon/email
      location2/nume/telefon/email
      location2/nume/telefon/email
      location3/nume/telefon/email
      location3/nume/telefon/email
      location4/nume/telefon/email
      location4/nume/telefon/email
      location5/nume/telefon/email
      location5/nume/telefon/email
      location6/nume/telefon/email
      location6/nume/telefon/email
      location7/nume/telefon/email
      location7/nume/telefon/email
      location8/nume/telefon/email
      location8/nume/telefon/email
      location9/nume/telefon/email
      location9/nume/telefon/email
      location10/nume/telefon/email
    • Urban Gabor
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2010
        HI, an other solution is the split function and build a hash of the data. Read CPAN for more details. BTW you are supposed to try by yourself first, and google a bit for ideas.....

        Gabaux
        Linux is like a wigwam: no gates, no windows, and an apache inside!

        Toma H <horatiutoma@...> �rta:

        > I need to know if is possible to split a file in perl I will provide data here about what I need
        >
        >I need to split data from a file like this
        >location1/nume /telefon/email
        >location1/nume /telefon/email
        >location1/nume /telefon/email
        >location1/nume /telefon/email
        >location2/nume /telefon/email
        >location2/nume /telefon/email
        >location3/nume /telefon/email
        >location3/nume /telefon/email
        >location4/nume /telefon/email
        >location4/nume /telefon/email
        >location5/nume /telefon/email
        >location5/nume /telefon/email
        >location6/nume /telefon/email
        >location6/nume /telefon/email
        >location7/nume /telefon/email
        >location7/nume /telefon/email
        >location8/nume /telefon/email
        >location8/nume /telefon/email
        >location9/nume /telefon/email
        >location9/nume /telefon/email
        >
        >in more files like
        >filename1: location1_address.txt
        >location1/nume /telefon/email
        >location1/nume /telefon/email
        >location1/nume /telefon/email
        >location1/nume /telefon/email
        >
        >filename2: location2_address.txt
        >location2/nume /telefon/email
        >location2/nume /telefon/email
        >
        >and like this for all.
        >Please tell me if it can be possible and if someone can help me with this
        >Thanks a lot

      • Toma H
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2010
          I have did this but I can not finish it :(
          http://codepad.org/YiqZWflu