Re: [PBML] Moose what am I doing wrong here?

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010

      Wendell> Here is what I have and it doesn't work Have you tested this with positive results?
      Wendell> #!/usr/bin/perl
      Wendell> use strict;
      Wendell> use warnings;

      Wendell> BEGIN{

      Wendell> package FooClass;
      Wendell> use Moose;
      Wendell>    has name => (is =>'rw');
      Wendell>
      Wendell> }

      Wendell> my $foo = FooClass->new( name => 'Dell');

      Wendell> print $foo->name;

      Did you add a newline there, like I had in my example?

      If not, your output might be being overwritten by your prompt when the
      program ends.

    • Wendell Hatcher
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010
        yes, in-fact I took your code below and just added my name with no success.

        #!/usr/bin/perl
        use strict;
        use warnings;

        BEGIN {
        package Foo;
        use Moose;
        has name => (is => 'rw');
        }

        my $object = Foo->new(name => 'Dell');

        print $object->name, "\n";

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010

          Wendell> yes, in-fact I took your code below and just added my name with no success.
          Wendell> #!/usr/bin/perl
          Wendell> use strict;
          Wendell> use warnings;

          Wendell> BEGIN {
          Wendell> package Foo;
          Wendell> use Moose;
          Wendell> has name => (is => 'rw');
          Wendell> }

          Wendell> my $object = Foo->new(name => 'Dell');

          Wendell> print $object->name, "\n";

          This runs just fine for me, prints "Dell" followed by newline. *Just*
          tested it.

        • Wendell Hatcher
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010
            hmm, not sure why it isnt printing out for me. I am using the code below and calling it from my windows laptop from the command line.

            #!/usr/bin/perl
            use strict;
            use 5.12.1;
            use warnings;