Re: [PBML] Moose what am I doing wrong here?

  • Wendell Hatcher
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010
      Here is what I have and it doesn't work Have you tested this with positive results?

      #!/usr/bin/perl
      use strict;
      use warnings;

      BEGIN{

      package FooClass;
      use Moose;
         has name => (is =>'rw');

      }

      my $foo = FooClass->new( name => 'Dell');

      print $foo->name;

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010

        Wendell> Here is what I have and it doesn't work Have you tested this with positive results?
        Wendell> #!/usr/bin/perl
        Wendell> use strict;
        Wendell> use warnings;

        Wendell> BEGIN{

        Wendell> package FooClass;
        Wendell> use Moose;
        Wendell>    has name => (is =>'rw');
        Wendell>
        Wendell> }

        Wendell> my $foo = FooClass->new( name => 'Dell');

        Wendell> print $foo->name;

        Did you add a newline there, like I had in my example?

        If not, your output might be being overwritten by your prompt when the
        program ends.

      • Wendell Hatcher
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010
          yes, in-fact I took your code below and just added my name with no success.

          #!/usr/bin/perl
          use strict;
          use warnings;

          BEGIN {
          package Foo;
          use Moose;
          has name => (is => 'rw');
          }

          my $object = Foo->new(name => 'Dell');

          print $object->name, "\n";

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010

            Wendell> yes, in-fact I took your code below and just added my name with no success.
            Wendell> #!/usr/bin/perl
            Wendell> use strict;
            Wendell> use warnings;

            Wendell> BEGIN {
            Wendell> package Foo;
            Wendell> use Moose;
            Wendell> has name => (is => 'rw');
            Wendell> }

            Wendell> my $object = Foo->new(name => 'Dell');

            Wendell> print $object->name, "\n";

            This runs just fine for me, prints "Dell" followed by newline. *Just*
            tested it.

          • Wendell Hatcher
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010
              hmm, not sure why it isnt printing out for me. I am using the code below and calling it from my windows laptop from the command line.

              #!/usr/bin/perl
              use strict;
              use 5.12.1;
              use warnings;