Re: [PBML] Moose what am I doing wrong here?

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010
      >>>>> "Wendell" == Wendell Hatcher <wlh1074@...> writes:

      Wendell> print $foo->{name};

      Please stop that.

      You want print $foo->name.

      Use method calls. Don't peer inside the box.

    • Wendell Hatcher
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010
        Here is what I have and it doesn't work Have you tested this with positive results?

        #!/usr/bin/perl
        use strict;
        use warnings;

        BEGIN{

        package FooClass;
        use Moose;
           has name => (is =>'rw');

        }

        my $foo = FooClass->new( name => 'Dell');

        print $foo->name;

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010

          Wendell> Here is what I have and it doesn't work Have you tested this with positive results?
          Wendell> #!/usr/bin/perl
          Wendell> use strict;
          Wendell> use warnings;

          Wendell> BEGIN{

          Wendell> package FooClass;
          Wendell> use Moose;
          Wendell>    has name => (is =>'rw');
          Wendell>
          Wendell> }

          Wendell> my $foo = FooClass->new( name => 'Dell');

          Wendell> print $foo->name;

          Did you add a newline there, like I had in my example?

          If not, your output might be being overwritten by your prompt when the
          program ends.

        • Wendell Hatcher
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010
            yes, in-fact I took your code below and just added my name with no success.

            #!/usr/bin/perl
            use strict;
            use warnings;

            BEGIN {
            package Foo;
            use Moose;
            has name => (is => 'rw');
            }

            my $object = Foo->new(name => 'Dell');

            print $object->name, "\n";

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010

              Wendell> yes, in-fact I took your code below and just added my name with no success.
              Wendell> #!/usr/bin/perl
              Wendell> use strict;
              Wendell> use warnings;

              Wendell> BEGIN {
              Wendell> package Foo;
              Wendell> use Moose;
              Wendell> has name => (is => 'rw');
              Wendell> }

              Wendell> my $object = Foo->new(name => 'Dell');

              Wendell> print $object->name, "\n";

              This runs just fine for me, prints "Dell" followed by newline. *Just*
              tested it.

            • Wendell Hatcher
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 14, 2010
                hmm, not sure why it isnt printing out for me. I am using the code below and calling it from my windows laptop from the command line.

                #!/usr/bin/perl
                use strict;
                use 5.12.1;
                use warnings;