Re: [PBML] "Perl For Dummies" Help Requested

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2010

      Mike> I can't understand why this book was marketed by the "For Dummies"
      Mike> publisher if it doesn't do the job of teaching somebody how to use
      Mike> Perl.

      I sat across the dinner table one night from the guy who wrote that
      book. From what I recall, he had just learned Perl himself the weekend
      before he started writing it (I think from "Learning Perl", in fact).
      No kidding. He was looking for something to write after he had just
      completed "Netscape for Dummies", and the editor offered him this book.