Re: [PBML] Net::SSH::Perl

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010

      Roger> Thanks. Problem is I don't have root permission to install the
      Roger> module in server A.

      You *never* need root permission to install a Perl module.

      See "perldoc perlmodinstall".

      And now... I'm obligated to include the following public
      service announcement:

      *
      * THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL perl BEGINNERS GROUP.
      *
      * The official one is at beginners@..., with instructions on how to
      * join at http://lists.perl.org/list/beginners.html.
      *
      * You'll get far better response there, not to say you won't get *any* here.
      *

    • off_gl@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010
        I dont think you are right Merlyn ... Since I also tried to do the same thing
        and it didn't work for me too. you need to have root permission to install
        NET::SSH::PERL module at least.

        Roger I would suggest you to use shell script to connect to your laptop from
        remote server..

        And Merlyn this group name also suggest that it is for beginer
        (perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com) if not then it should be changed .. No offense
        but being a learner I am also facing the same issue ....

        For better and interactive mode over ssh connection u can use the piece of code
        given below Roger

        #!/usr/bin/perl -w
        use strict;
        use Net::SSH::Perl;
        my $host = '192.168.0.1';
        my $username = 'user';
        my $login_passwd = 'user123';
        my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host, $username);

        $ssh->config->set('interactive', 1)
        unless defined $ssh->config->get('interactive');
        my $cmd;
        $ssh->login($username, $login_passwd);

        if ($cmd) {
        my($out, $err, $exit) = $ssh->cmd($cmd);
        print $out if $out;
        print $err if $err;
        }
        else {
        eval "use Term::ReadKey;";
        ReadMode('raw');
        eval "END { ReadMode('restore') };";
        $ssh->shell;
        print "Connection to $host closed.\n";
        }

        hope this helps ..

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010

          off> I dont think you are right Merlyn ... Since I also tried to do the
          off> same thing and it didn't work for me too. you need to have root
          off> permission to install NET::SSH::PERL module at least.

          Please.
          Read.
          "perldoc perlmodinstall".

          Please.

          Don't say I'm not right without following that.

          {sigh}

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 20, 2010

            off> And Merlyn this group name also suggest that it is for beginer
            off> (perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com) if not then it should be changed .. No offense
            off> but being a learner I am also facing the same issue ....

            This group was created by idiots, who didn't realize there was
            already an official group.

            If I had the power to shut this group down, I would.

          • Ralph Blach
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 22, 2011
              I am using the module Net::SSH::Perl

              and i have successfully opened a terminal with

              ssh->shell

              The only problem is the the shell does not re-size and only 80x25. How do change this?

              How do I configure ssh->shell so that when I re-size the parent window, the child ssh shell changes.

              Thank

              Chip