Re: [PBML] Need help with downloading DBI Module on a linux box

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2010
      >>>>> "Hema" == Hema K <khema1808@...> writes:

      Hema> How do I start from there?

      Read up on installing ubuntu packages. A bit of googling should turn up
      a dozen guides.

      Sorry, I'm not running ubuntu anywhere nearby, but maybe someone else
      here is.

      Also keep in mind...

      *
      * THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL perl BEGINNERS GROUP.
      *
      * The official one is at beginners@..., with instructions on how to
      * join at http://lists.perl.org/list/beginners.html.
      *
      * You'll get far better response there, not to say you won't get *any* here.
      *

    • Toma H
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2010
        Can you help me with a name of some perl compiler were I can run line by line and see the effect of each line

        Thanks a lot

        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Hema K <khema1808@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I need help with installing DBI Module and MySQL client on a Ubuntu 8.x
        > machine. I tried downloading the module from CPAN but was not successful
        > with the installation. Don't know what steps am I missing. Any help is
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Toma H
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2010
          I forgot to give you some datail why I need this software (I can not find on internet something like this and I create this but is not working , too many errors I `m beginer and I can not fix it alone :(

          use strict;
          use warnings;
          my $DATAIN_FILE = "test.txt";

          open my $data_in_fh, "<", $DATAIN_FILE
          or die "Cannot open '$datain_FILE' for reading - $!";

          while (<$DATAIN_FILE>) {
          chomp;
          $var = $_;
          @var= split ("|",$_);

          #Create and put value of filename
          my $fname_out = var[0];

          #Spit data to have file name and information to put in the file
          my ($fname;$data_out_fh) = split /|/, $;
          #if name of file fname_out the same with the name of first value in the line fname print line in the file
          if (fname=fname_out)
          {open $data_out_fh, ">", "$fname.txt"
          or die "Cannot open '$fname.txt' for writing - $!";
          print {$fname_out} "$data_out_fh\n";

          else
          {
          #if fname not the same with firts value in the line then create a new file with this name of firts value in line and add line in the file
          $fname_out=$fname
          open $data_out_fh, ">", "$fname.txt"
          or die "Cannot open '$fname.txt' for writing - $!";

          print {$fname_out} "$data_out_fh\n";
          }

          close($data_out_fh);

          the result of my work is too many errors
          c:\perl>start1.pl
          Global symbol "$datain_FILE" requires explicit package name at C:\_th\WORK\SCRIP
          T and help\extractie mef\start1.pl line 6.
          Global symbol "$var" requires explicit package name at c:\perl\start1.pl line 10.
          Global symbol "@var" requires explicit package name at c:\perl\start1.pl line 11.
          syntax error at c:\perl\start1.pl line 14, near "var["
          syntax error at c:\perl\start1.pl line 17, near "$fname;"
          Global symbol "$data_out_fh" requires explicit package name at c:\perl\start1.pl line 17.
          syntax error at c:\perl\start1.pl line 17, near "$data_out_fh) "
          Global symbol "$data_out_fh" requires explicit package name at c:\perl\start1.pl line 20.
          Global symbol "$data_out_fh" requires explicit package name at c:\perl\start1.pl line 22.
          syntax error at c:\perl\start1.pl line 25, near "}"
          c:\perl\start1.pl has too many errors.

          Can someone help me, I ask for a solution because I think is more easy to put some lines not to fix my bad syntax