Re: [PBML] time beyond 2038

  • Laszlo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2010
      Thanks for the prompt answer. DateTime works fine of my server, it is installed there

      One more stupid question. Is there any way to make DateTime run on ActiveState Perl 5.8.3 ? pp3 install does not finds the module.

      I need standalone version (not to hide the code, but for easy usage). Two years ago I updated to perl v, 5.8.8. and used App::Packer to make executable code, it worked fine with the Norton, but my first user was complaining that his McAffee virus protection claims virus due to the packing method what it dislikes.

      I would like to avoid to pay $150 again for the perl2exe license. I am retired and work only for hobby, w/o money.

      Thanks again

      laszlo

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2010

        Laszlo> One more stupid question. Is there any way to make DateTime run
        Laszlo> on ActiveState Perl 5.8.3 ? pp3 install does not finds the
        Laszlo> module.

        I presume you're using ActiveState Perl on Windows. If so, get
        Strawberry Perl instead... it has a standard install toolchain, so you
        can install anything from the CPAN that makes sense on Windows.

      • Laszlo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2010
          I tried to install the latest version of Strawberry (12) and some voice, sound related modules (which are operating system dependent) are unavailable. What is worse, when I attempted to unistall Strawberry it aborted with some memory access error.