Essential perl modules

  • john maclean
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2010
      So far I use

      Term::ReadLine
      CPAN::Bundle
      YAML

      Are there any other modules that you __have__ to have to keep your sanity?

      /bin/n00b

      --
      John Maclean
      07739 171 531

      Enterprise Linux Systems Engineer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2010

        john> So far I use
        john> Term::ReadLine
        john> CPAN::Bundle
        john> YAML

        john> Are there any other modules that you __have__ to have to keep your
        john> sanity?

        These days, Moose and all things Moosey, for anything more than 200
        lines.

        But really, the essential modules depend on the application area. For
        example, I don't consider YAML essential... I prefer JSON as a
        serialization format now. Human-edited YAML is almost as painful as
        human-edited XML... I've relegated both of them to the "machine-edit
        only".