how to store a formatted output to an array/hash and unformat the data?

  • khema1808
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2010
      I have to process data which is in the form of rows and columns. How do I store each row into an array, split the contents of the array with a delimiter?

      eg: this is the output:

      x.x.x.x I 1,400,000 0 0 0 0 0 0 25,000,000 0 0 0 2730 1 0 0.0.0.0 0 0 0 0 0

      can anyone give me ideas/suggestions? i'm perl beginner.

      Thanks
    • Charles K. Clarkson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2010
        khema1808 wrote:
        : How do I store each row into an array, split the contents of the array
        : with a delimiter?

        Yes. Read about the 'split' function. It shows a special case on how to
        split on whitespace.

        HTH,

        Charles Clarkson
        --
        Mobile Home Investor
        Free Market Advocate

        I'm not really a smart person. I just play one on the Internet.

        Stephenville, TX
        +1 (254) 968-8328