Email Parser using Mail::IMAPClient and MIME::Parser

  • sandeeptt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2010
      Hi,

      written a perl script, which will connect to IMAP server, fetch emails according to the subject match, into a file. This file will be in MIME format, which will then be parsed using MIME::Parser, which will put the body text into a new output file.

      Now, this output file name is something like 'msg-18005.txt'. I do not understand how this is calculated. My requirement is to name this output file according to the subject name and date of the message. I could able to override the subclass 'output_path', but no idea how to access the subject name and date headers in that method.

      Please help!