variable fucn

  • Jagadesh J
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2010
      what is the difference between $x=12;sub abcd {$x=o;print $x;}and$x=12;sub efgh{local $x=0;print $x;}

    • Shlomi Fish
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2010
        Hi Jagadesh!

        On Friday 26 Feb 2010 08:52:54 Jagadesh J wrote:
        > what is the difference between $x=12;sub abcd {$x=o;print $x;}and$x=12;sub
        > efgh{local $x=0;print $x;}

        Where should I start? Please read a good book or tutorial from
        http://perl-begin.org/ . Use strict and warnings, declare all your variables
        and use my instead of local. You seem to be using a very antiquated tutorial.

        Regards,

        Shlomi Fish