ADMIN: No more spam - new ownership

  • perl-beginner-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20 8:37 PM
      Good day,

      The Perl-Beginner Yahoogroup is under new ownership.

      I am in contact with the other moderators, and will send out further
      information in the next few days.

      The following is being discussed by the moderators now, However I have
      made 1 change to the group :-

      (to be decided / confirmed shortly - in the next few days)

      NO MORE SPAM
      ----------------------------------

      The major change, is that new members will be moderated.

      This will mean, that any spammer who joins the group, will have their
      messages deleted BEFORE going to the main membership / email archive)

      The drawback, is that any new (legitimate) members who join the group
      will have a slight delay before their initial message(s) get to the
      group members.

      Existing spammers:- There may be a few spammers who are already in
      the group membership.

      Instead of putting everyone on moderation, & starting from scratch, if
      a spammer is found (when they next send a message), they'll be put on
      moderation and/or removed from the group - so further messages will
      not be sent to the group.

      You'll maybe get 1 or 2 spam messages (from each), but it'll stop.

      Gordon
    • Paul Llido
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21 1:36 AM
        Awesome Gordon :)
        I thought the days of this group were numbered :)

        Paul Llido