Re: [PBML] Perl forking acting wierd

  • James Washer
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 27, 2010
      Once again.. HOW DO YOU KNOW IT IS NOT GETTING EXECUTED?
      Sorry for the caps, but it's been a trial getting information from you.
      I still don't know how you know it's not getting executed.. but, just
      for kicks.. put a die in your sub and see if it dies.

      - jim

    • Shameem Ahamed
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 27, 2010
        Hello James.

        How i know ?. Because in the Slow query kill function, i am killing all the slow queries. and it is not happening.  I can see the child process running , when i try ps.

        But it is not doing the tasks. I am really confused.

        Shammi

> [...]

        > > > if(! defined($pid) ){

        > > > #Forking Failed, we exit at this point

        > > > die("forking failed\n");

        > > > exit(1);

        > > > }

        > > > if ($pid>0) {

        > > > print LOG "Forking Success. Child PID: $pid \n";

        > > > exit();

        > > > }

        > > > $|=1;

        > > > print LOG "Child Process Executing... \n";

        > > > setsid();

        > > > chdir('/');

        > > > umask(0);

        > > > close(STDIN) ;

        > > > close(STDOUT) ;

        > > > close(STDERR) ;

        > > > }

        > > > I ran in to an issue in this code. In the child process (which becomes the session leader), I am not getting any data logged or the child process is not able to call even the other functions.

      • James Washer
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 27, 2010
          Perhaps it's time to use the perl debugger