Re: [PBML] Perl script to read

  • gopi chand
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 25, 2010
      I am getting the same error message even after running perldoc perlmodinstall

      Will the above command install the required mods are do I have read something and install some other commands?Pls let me know

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 25, 2010
        On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM, gopi chand <gopichand84@...> wrote:

        > I am getting the same error message even after running perldoc perlmodinstall
        >
        > Will the above command install the required mods are do I have read something and install some other commands?Pls let me know

        If you ran perldoc perlmodinstall

        it should help you find out if

        a) the module is installed on your system..

        PREAMBLE
        First, are you sure that the module isn't already on your
        system? Try "perl -MFoo -e 1". (Replace "Foo" with the
        name of the module; for instance, "perl -MCGI::Carp -e 1".

        Substitute CGI::Carp with the module we are discussing.

        If it isn't you should read further down on the steps needed to install it.

        regards,
        ./fxk

        --
        =====
        Past hissy-fits are not a predictor of future hissy-fits --Nick Holland
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 25, 2010

          gopi> I am getting the same error message even after running perldoc perlmodinstall

          gopi> Will the above command install the required mods are do I have read something and install some other commands?Pls let me know

          "perldoc perlmodinstall" is instructions to you about how to obtain
          and install modules. Please read.

        • Jeff Soules
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 25, 2010
            > I don't want to print all the letters in the first column which have an "yes" in second column,I only want to print the ones in sample.txt file,how are we taking care of this condition?

            Ahh. I was wondering how the second file figured in this whole business.
            Do the order of the letters in the second file matter? i.e. is your goal:

            if the letter is next to "yes" in your excel file AND
            the letter appears somewhere in the second file, THEN
            output the letter?

            If so, I would read the letters in the second file and load them into
            a hash (%lettersHash, perhaps.)
            Then go back and read the excel file through one of the methods
            discussed previously (the method you choose shouldn't affect your
            results for the problem as you've described it, There's More Than One
            Way To Do It, etc).
            For each row/record of the excel file, if the value of the second
            column is "yes," check if the value in the first column is in
            %lettersHash. If it is, output the letter. If not, read the next
            record.

            On the other hand, if you want to do something more complicated (like
            if the order of the second file matters -- say you only output the
            letter if row N of the excel file says "A Yes" and row N of the second
            file says "A"), then please describe your problem in more detail.

            good luck,
            jeff

            On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:22 PM, gopi chand <gopichand84@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the reply Jeff.
            >
            > I don't want to print all the letters in the first column which have an "yes" in second column,I only want to print the ones in sample.txt file,how are we taking care of this condition?

          • Shlomi Fish
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 26, 2010
              On Tuesday 26 Jan 2010 04:19:56 gopi chand wrote:
              > Hi Merlyn ,
              >
              > Thanks for the reply.I havent' read that documentation but I started of
              > with a sample pl script I got over the internet but I am getting the
              > following message while running the script What am I missing?
              >
              > Can't locate Spreadsheet/Read.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C \Program
              > Files\ActiveState Perl Dev Kit 6.0\lib\
              > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/cygwin-thread-multi-64int /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5
              > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/cygwin-thread-multi-64int
              > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
              > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/cygwin-thread-multi-64int
              > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at
              > sample.pl line 4.

              Hi Gopi!

              1. Please read: http://perl-begin.org/topics/cpan/ and be enlightened.

              2. perl-5.8.5 is really old, you really should upgrade to perl-5.8.9 or
              perl-5.10.1.

              Regards,

              Shlomi Fish

            • gopi chand